The San Mateo, California law firm DuRard, McKenna & Borg provides useful resources for injured workers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area. For further information or to schedule a free initial consultation to discuss your case, contact DuRard, McKenna & Borg today.
California Legal Resources
- State of California Official Website
- California Courts Information
- California Supreme Court
- California Courts of Appeals
- San Mateo County Superior Court
- San Francisco County Superior Court
- United States District Court, Northern District of California
- United States Court Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- California Laws
- San Mateo County
- City and County of San Francisco Official Website
- State Bar of California
Workers' Compensation Resources
- The California Division of Workers' Compensation oversees California workers' compensation claims and provides information and assistance to injured workers. The Division's Medical Unit assists with the delivery of medical benefits in the workers' compensation system.
- The California Workers' Compensation Appeals Board is a judicial panel appointed by the Governor that hears reviews of decisions by workers' compensation administrative law judges and regulates the adjudication process by adopting rules of practice and procedure.
- The Cal Division of Occupational Safety and Health (Cal/OSHA) protects employees and the general public from safety hazards and counsels employers on how to make the workplace safer.
- California's Commission on Health and Safety and Workers' Compensation oversees health and safety and workers' compensation systems in California, and recommends administrative and/or legislative modifications to improve their operation.
- The California Labor and Workforce Development Agency seeks to protect and improve the well-being of California's current and future workforce.
- The Centers for Disease Control National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) aims to provide nationwide leadership in preventing workplace injuries and illnesses.
- The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics Injuries, Illnesses, and Fatalities (IIF) program provides annual information on the rate and number of work-related injuries and illnesses.
- The United States Department of Labor Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) aims to provide employees throughout the United States with a safe workplace.
- The California Applicants' Attorneys Association is an association of California attorneys that are committed to advocating on behalf of injured workers.
- Injured Women After Reform is a non-profit organization that was founded by injured women and the attorneys who represent them. The organization is dedicated to fighting against gender discrimination and tries to elect political leaders committed to gender equality.
Disability Insurance Resources
- California Disability Insurance benefits coverage is available as a partial wage replacement to eligible workers who are unable to work because of a disability or certain other injuries.
- The Social Security Disability Insurance benefits program provides benefits to adults and children who have limited income and resources and are suffering long-term or permanent disabilities.
- The U.S. Social Security Administration website provides useful information to the public regarding Social Security Disability Insurance benefits program.